Choose your channels

Trump's Mugshot Mania: $7 Million Windfall for Campaign Funds

Tuesday, August 29, 2023 • Tamil Comments
Listen to article
--:-- / --:--
This is a beta feature and we would love to hear your feedback?
Send us your feedback to

Former US President Donald Trump's booking at Fulton County Jail on charges linked to his alleged attempts to overturn the 2020 Georgia election has triggered an incredible fundraising surge for his campaign. The Trump campaign proudly revealed raising over $7 million in donations following his jail photo, marking a historic moment involving a former president.

Spokesperson Steven Cheung shared this remarkable sum on the platform now known as X, originating from Twitter. Donations poured in through the "Trump Save America JFC" joint fundraising committee, supporting both "Donald J. Trump for President 2024, Inc." and "Save America."

The committee outlined that 90% of the funds will back Donald J. Trump for President 2024, Inc. for the primary election in 2024, with the remaining 10% benefiting Save America. Any excess contributions will support Donald J. Trump for President 2024, Inc. for the general election in 2024. Notably, a standout merchandise item is a T-shirt showcasing Trump's mugshot, available for purchase at '' for $34.

This financial boost coincides with Trump's ongoing legal battles, as he raised nearly $20 million in three weeks. Despite the legal hurdles, Trump maintains a leading position in Republican presidential primary polls, consistently surpassing competitors by significant margins.

His campaign skillfully harnessed the incident, integrating it into fundraising efforts before he even left for New Jersey. Merchandise like T-shirts, shot glasses, and bobblehead dolls featuring Trump's mugshot have been launched, boosting donations. The potency of his legal challenges as a fundraising catalyst is evident as Friday alone generated a staggering $4.18 million, marking a record day.

This strategic blend of legal battles, political aspirations, and merchandise has fortified Trump's finances while supporting his legal defense. Records reveal that in the first half of 2023, Trump amassed over $53 million, with more than $59.2 million allocated for legal fees and charges across four jurisdictions.

Follow us on Google News and stay updated with the latest!   


Welcome to IndiaGlitz comments! Please keep conversations courteous and relevant to the topic. To ensure productive and respectful discussions, you may see comments from our Community Managers, marked with an "IndiaGlitz Staff" label. For more details, refer to our community guidelines.
Login to post comment