Choose your channels

That's why private hospitals are charging more for vaccine: KTR

Monday, June 7, 2021 • Tamil Comments

Thats why private hospitals are charging more for vaccine: KTR

Telangana Minister KT Rama Rao has said that the Centre's vaccination policy to allow different prices for different entities is at the root of private hospitals charging high amounts for vaccine shots.

Also Read: Wife rebuffs fake rumours on Dilip Kumar's health

The TRS leader observed that different prices per different entities have been permitted by the Government of India itself. "For Centre, it is Rs 150 and they take 85% of all the vaccines produced. In the remaining 15%, States and private hospitals have to compete. For States, Covishield is priced at Rs 300 and Covaxin at Rs 400," KTR tweeted. He further elaborated that private hospitals can get Covishield at Rs 600 and Covaxin at Rs 1200.

After claiming these figures, KTR proceeded and asked, "When it comes to competing in this 15% availability, how can States compete with the private sector at this pricing?"

Further slamming the Centre, he said that the Government of India doesn’t have enough vaccines to cater to the demand and that it seems to have no sense of urgency or clear strategy in spite of knowing fully well that vaccination is the only way out of this pandemic.

A recent affidavit filed by the Centre with the Supreme Court says that the States have been allocated vaccines on a pro-rata basis, which is calculated on the basis of the population of each State, from the 35% of all vaccine produced.

Follow us on Google News and stay updated with the latest!   

Get Breaking News Alerts From IndiaGlitz