close
Choose your channels

Mobile phone explosion in pocket burns man alive

Friday, January 4, 2019 • Tamil Comments
Listen to article
--:-- / --:--
1x
This is a beta feature and we would love to hear your feedback?
Send us your feedback to audioarticles@vaarta.com

A man in Rajasthan died after a feature phone in his pocket exploded in the middle of the night while he was asleep.

The concept of mobile phone explosions caused panic among the crowd when a Samsung Galaxy Note 7 exploded over a couple of years ago due to faulty batteries. However, this could possibly be the first time a person has died following the explosion of a phone.

60-year-old Kishore Singh in Chittorgarh, Rajasthan went to bed with the phone in his vest pocket. He woke up at around 2.30 AM when the phone exploded out of nowhere, causing his clothes to catch fire. Before he or his wife had time to react, he was severely burned. He was immediately rushed to a nearby hospital, but was declared dead upon arrival.

The feature phone is suspected to be a Jio Phone, although nothing has been confirmed as yet. An investigation on the matter has been launched by local law enforcement.

Follow us on Google News and stay updated with the latest!