Choose your channels

Shocking! After Shawarma, Momos bring death to a South Delhi man

Thursday, June 16, 2022 • Tamil Comments
Listen to article
--:-- / --:--
This is a beta feature and we would love to hear your feedback?
Send us your feedback to

In a shocking incident, a 50-year-old man in South Delhi died while having dinner at a restaurant. He reportedly ate Memos at the restaurant which stuck to his windpipe resulting in the blockage of air in his lungs.

The momo was detected in the upper part of the victim's food pipe via the Computer Topology scan. As per reports, he was brought dead to AIIMS in Delhi. The man was believed to be drunk and was eating momos at a roadside shop. This is when he suddenly collapsed on the ground.

As per the post-mortem report, a momo was found stuck at the opening of the man’s windpipe. The cause of death was neurogenic cardiac arrest due to choking of momos which were found at the laryngeal inlet. The findings of this very rare incident have been published in the Journal of Forensic Imaging in its latest edition.

Experts at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi, have cautioned to be careful while eating food after a rare case of a person dying due to suffocation after having momos came to light. Forensic experts from AIIMS said, “Momos are popular street food. Its surface is slippery and soft, so swallowing it without chewing properly can even lead to suffocation or death of the person.”

Follow us on Google News and stay updated with the latest!