Choose your channels

10-year-old girl dies, 20 people hospitalized after eating biryani at Tamil Nadu restaurant

Monday, September 13, 2021 • Tamil Comments

A 10-year-girl died after consuming chicken biryani at a restaurant in Tamil Nadu's Tiruvannamalai district while over 20 other people, including the girl's family members, have been hospitalized after an apparent case of food poisioning.

According to reports, officials have stated that the restaurant, named 'Seven Star Briyani' in Arni, had prepared biryani using stale and contaminated chicken. Other people who had consumed the food at the restaurant complained of nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea. They were later admitted to Arni Government General Hospital. Food safety officials apparently seized 15 kg of contaminated chicken from the kitchen and sealed the restaurant. The police have registered a complaint against two people, including the restaurant owner and the chef who made the food.

Claiming that searches and raids are being carried out across the state, the minister for food and civil supplies, R. Sakkarapani, reportedly said, “The state government is committed to take action against those who serve stale food to consumers and the action is following the death of a ten-year-old girl at Arni, Tiruvannamalai on consuming stale biryani at an eatery. Stale and contaminated chicken meat was recovered from this eatery and we have sealed it down."

Follow us on Google News and stay updated with the latest!   

Get Breaking News Alerts From IndiaGlitz